The Patrick Poon Presidential Series presents Finance in the Public Interest sponsored by Milliman
There is a widening debate that many of our social, financial and regulatory institutions need to be rethought so that we can create more sustainable futures, particularly in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the policy/macro-economic response to the pandemic and how it affects consumers, as well as the impending climate crisis.
The ‘Build Back Better’ platform provides actuaries as risk professionals with an opportunity to question whether the financial system is really operating in the public interest, including:
- Is it meeting consumers’ needs in a post-Covid world?
- Did it really meet their needs before Covid?
- How will the system react to even greater challenges, eg. the climate crisis?
- Is a new school of economic thought required?
- How can actuaries inform the process of building back better?
This multi-day series of webinars & panel discussions will see exciting keynote speeches individually presented by:
Distinguished Guest Speakers
- Sir Paul Collier, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government
- Andy Haldane, Chief Economist at Bank of England
- John Kay, Leading economist and Co-author of Radical Uncertainty
Actuaries for Transformational Change
- Nico Aspinall, Chief Investment Officer at B&CE
- Ashok Gupta, Chair at Mercer Ltd
- Louise Pryor, Presiden-elect IFoA
- Lucy Saye, Actuary – Climate risk and opportunities
- Nick Silver, Author and Managing Director at Kelly Consulting
These webinars are free of charge thanks to our generous sponsors Dr. Patrick Poon and Milliman.
The full programme and updates on list of speakers is available on IFoA website https://tinyurl.com/fm777cce